Claudio Loffreda-Mancinelli M.D. is the founder of Qualazine. A Board-Certified clinical anesthesiologist for more than 35 years in the Pittsburgh Area, he has vast experience leading patient safety and clinical quality initiatives. His understanding of the limitations present in the HealthCare teaching programs when addressing these issues, has triggered the idea of providing a number of lectures within the Qualazine program, in the pursuit of patient safety and high quality care goals tailored for all members of the HealthCare team: administrators, nursing staff, doctors, students.
A graduate from the University of Rome, Italy, Medical School in 1980, completed the Anesthesiology and Critical Care Residency Program at Catholic University, Rome, in 1983. In 1986, while at the University of Pittsburgh, he completed the Anesthesiology Residency Program and a Fellowship in Obstetric Anesthesia. In 2008 he received a Master in Medical Management (MMM), from the Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh.
Since 2009 he is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Some of his appointments include:
- Consultant for Big Idea Center – University of Pittsburgh Innovation Institute
- Member of the Board of Trustees of American College of Medical Quality
- Member Scientific Program Committee ACMQ Annual Meeting
- Member of the Quality Management & Departmental Administration Committee (QMDA): National Quality Committee of the American Society of Anesthesiologists – ASA.
- President Elect Beaver County Medical Society
- Research Projects Reviewer for the Italian Ministry for Education University and Research (MIUR)
- Guest Speaker @ Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, MMM Program.
- Guest speaker @ Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Master Health Administration School.
- Guest speaker Nationally and abroad.